Monday, October 13, 2008

Sewing project!

I know, I know! I have not updated our blog in months! So instead of trying to get "caught up" as planned I am just going to start back with a random post. I am almost done with what I hope and think is a successful sewing project! I decided the baby's crib needed a bed skirt and although I found really cute curtains and a bumper from Ikea they do not make the bed skirt or diaper stacker so I had the bright idea that I could make it myself! It has taken a phone call to both my sister and my mom and actually reading the sewing machine manual to figure out how to "gather" but I now have 3 of the 4 ruffled sides sewed on and so far so good!!

Sewing actually makes me appreciate people when they say they can't cook. In general I tend to feel like there is nothing to cooking - you just read the recipe and do what it says! But that is because I cook enough to understand the instructions! Quite often when I read pattern instructions I understand the words but still have no idea what they mean!!!

and despite the success of the bed skirt I am leaning toward skipping the diaper stacker all together or buying one... or talking my mom into making one when she is here for Christmas... that might be the best idea yet:)

2 comments:

Oliva Family said...

so glad to see a post!!! you are officially past your due date! How are you feeling?? :) I hope things are going well in the states!

Kyle said...

I'm glad for the post! Sorry we couldn't call back tonight. I thought we would have time between the appointment and dinner at our friends' house, but we didn't! We will try tomorrow.