Sunday, June 8, 2008

Oops!

I forgot i had added a post that I was going to the States - considering that, I should have also commented when I got home! I had a great trip and returned home on May 26. Karis and John had a great time together while I was gone although Karis was sick the first several days. She had actually been sick before I left and I thought she was improving. However, the day I left she seemed to feel bad again and had horrible diarrhea for another few days! This made things a bit more challenging for John! Unfortunately she also shared her germs with me and I got sick when i got to the U.S. - but thankfully not while I was en route!!

Several quick (and random) updates!
  • Karis continues to make us laugh and terrify us at the same time. She now likes to change her DVDs by herself despite knowing she is not allowed! The scary part is that she does it successfully. Yesterday we went for a walk and saw chickens and heard a rooster. She asked what the sound was and I said it was a chicken. Her response was something along the lines of, "chickens say cluck, cluck". So i then had to clarify the voices of hens vs. roosters! She also likes to pick her own outfits and changes clothes about 50 times a day! In general, we are okay with this but at times it can take forever to choose an outfit to get out the door and that is maddening!!
  • Our gas tank is on E and there was no fuel in town today! The current rumor is that prices are about to go up again - so either the stations are hording their fuel till the new price takes effect or they really don't have any. There are a few other rumors/theories but they imply a longer shortage so I am trying to ignore them!
  • In other shopping news: we now have a semi-regular supply of sour cream at one of our stores!! I cannot describe the amount of excitement and joy this created amongst shoppers when it first appeared!! The strange thing is that sour cream was certainly not on my usual shopping list in the States. Why it is so exciting here I am not sure!
  • I only have one more day of 7th grade science. It has been a great experience but I am glad it is almost over!
  • This is our winter and it has been rather chilly in the evenings and mornings! I definitely appreciate a duvet and don't envy those of you in Texas this time of year!
  • I had an ultrasound while in the U.S. and the baby is a boy!

5 comments:

Major Cox said...

I'm glad you posted today because we were just thinking of you and wondering if you'd made it safely back to Malawi. Take care.

Ed and Ellyn Cox

Kyle said...

Finally! Okay, we're still planning on calling soon!

Oliva Family said...

Welcome home Sara! I've been checking your blog...now that I know the address! So it was fun to see an update!! I actually almost check it daily! we started one too....these things are hard to keep up with!

glad you're back! and congrats on your baby...boy!!! we hope to see you when he is born. :) we'll be holding our baby girl in one week!

Mrs. Andrew said...

I love how you put the little comment about the baby beign a boy at the bottom of our random comments!! Only those dedicated enought to read the whole post will get the news!

I enjoy your posts; they never fail to produce a good chuckle at one thing or another!

Mom of 3+1 said...

Congrats on the baby boy news! Glad you had a fun trip home. Erin