Monday, April 28, 2008

Ongoing water board saga

Well, the latest on the water board! We did not receive a bill from December until the end of march, when we received the bill from december. a bill, incidently, we had paid on January 11. Now the interesting part and the part that is actually making me crazy at the moment is that on jan 11 I paid MK5775 which was the amount for the December usage, in February we paid MK 8000 (both of those payments were paid minus any form of bill but based on what the cashier said) and then last week (against my better judgement) I paid another MK13000. Now the cashier told me my usage for Feb had been about MK 1200 and then i got a bill for March and it was MK 1090 so how is it possible that I have paid MK21000 for about MK 2500 of usage?!!!

I am not sure what happened but the water board has clearly had some huge issue with their computer system they are having a hard time recovering from. When I was in the office last week attempting to figure the whole thing out there were several very angry people in line around me with similar issues. Unfortunately I had to leave before I even got to the counter but that was probably just as well considering the guys working were so frazzled it probably wasn't worth it.
last week i was trying to solve the problem. This week I have decided to ignore it! When I have energy and feel inspired I will attempt again! In the meantime, I ahve certainly more than paid my bill so my water should not get disconnected!

No comments: