Monday, April 28, 2008

7th grade science

As I am procrastinating I decided the work I am avoiding is a good topic to cover in a post. I am teaching 7th grade science for the last 11 weeks (3rd term) of the school year at the Christian, American system school here in Lilongwe. I have 17 very well behaved kids in my class and thus far it has been quite fun. Fortuitously the previous teacher had skipped the chapter on the human body so we have been covering that for the last few weeks (they have an exam next week that I should be writing at this moment!) and now we are going to move on to some general health topics. This is where it may get interesting as the health curriculum that comes with their textbook is really scary so I am making up my own curriculum from now to the end of the semester... This is actually a great little job. They only have class M-W for about an hour each time. Monday and Weds class is from 8:20 to 9:10 and tuesday it is from 11:50 - 1:10.

No comments: