Sunday, August 5, 2007

Insect Repellent






When you think of moving to Africa 2 things you automatically want to have enough of are insect repellent and sunblock. At least that was what I thought and clearly everyone else does too! This picture shows all the repellent that we brought and that we have accumulated in the past year! Lilongwe is a very transiet community and we have been the last stop for several friends on their way out of the country. And I must say that we have benefitted greatly from the odds and ends they have left behind but I also have to laugh when I realize how much insect repellent we now have. Anyone planning to visit: no need to bring it! We have repellent with no DEET, 100% DEET, controlled release, family, organic, we have travel wipes, pump spray, aersol spray! One wonders if we were all obsessive about buying in the first place or just really negligent at actually using the stuff when we arrived and I think the answer is both!

No comments: